Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Earthquake, Hurricane, and fun times

On August 23rd. we experienced a 5.8 earthquake. The kids and I were at home and the house started shaking and I started freaking out:) Good I know. I yelled to the kids to go to the basement so we all ran to the stairs and then I realized that that was what we do in a tornado and not an earthquake, so then I YELL for everyone to stop and I just stood there trying to remember where to go (#1 mom award right here) and then it stopped:) Needless to say, the earthquake scared me and I scared my kids:) Right afterwards I tried to call Jonathan but couldn't get through, so I called my mom and told her that I thought we had just had an earthquake, but it could have just been me shaking because I was STILL shaking!!! Okay so this was on Tuesday and on Saturday the 27th we had a Hurricane. Really we just got a LOT of rain and wind. A couple of exciting things did happen. First on our way to the gym the van was making a funny noise, but on we went. Well as I started driving home the van started making a grinding noise and Jonathan yelled for me to pull over. So I had just gotten the oil changed on Monday so Jonathan decides that is a good place to start and checks--NO OIL!!! Completely dry!!! We are shocked, and remember there is a hurricane going on outside!!! So there is a grocery store a block down the road and I had my wallet and Jonathan did not, so lucky me got to walk to the grocery store in the Hurricane to buy oil. An angel stopped and gave me a ride back to our van and then she even held her large umbrella over Jonathan while he put the oil in--yes she was a saint!!! So then we headed back to Jiffy Lube to find out what happened. Turns out they didn't tighten something--GREAT!!!! The wind was picking up so much now that things in the Jiffy Lube garage are blowing everywhere!!! Well Jonathan had decided to take me out for our anniversary (remember the camping?:), so off the two of us head in the Hurricane to go out to dinner. We were the only ones foolish enough to be on the roads and then we had to walk from our car to the restaurant--yes we arrived SOAKED, and FREEZING!!! It was a little on the crazy side and I'm just glad that we didn't leave our children without both parents:) Okay so here are some cute pictures of our munchkins!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment