Friday, December 17, 2010

Carter Michael

Monday night at around 8 pm I started having contractions but nothing regular until around 11pm when they were about 2-3 minutes apart. So I tried to sleep, then I tried to walk walk around and at about 1:30 am when I realized they were getting stronger I called the doctor. The funny thing is I went into labor with Gavin in the middle of the night, my boys just want to do things the same:) So we got there I was only dilated to a 1 1/2, I was pretty discouraged and really worried that they were going to send me home since I was 11 days early, but an hour later I was almost a 3 and so they admitted me. When my wonderful doctor got there a little bit later in the morning, she broke my water and I got an epidural--I love those:) Jonathan left around 11 to go check on the kids and when he got back around 12:30 I felt ready to push, and so three pushes later our newest little family member was born at 12:43 pm weighing 5 lb 12 oz and was 18 in. long (our smallest one so far). So all of my kids have come out with hair, but Rylee and Gavin both had black hair--Carter came out blond:) There is something so sweet and spiritual about the first cry that just brings tears to my eyes. What a miracle it is to bring children into the world. Rylee is just as in love with Carter as I am, Gavin--well not so much:) But I'm hoping that with time they can become best buddies.























3 comments:

  1. congrats!!!! He is soo sweet. Hope your doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What a cute little thing he is. Hope you are all doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwwwwwwwwww! he is soooooo cute!!! you look like a teenager hehehehehehehe... young and hot mama!!!!

    ReplyDelete