Monday, December 13, 2010

Ginger Bread Houses and Brigitte's Birthday!!!

We love making ginger bread houses, well I should say the kids like shoving as much of the candy in their mouths before we finally make them stop eating and start decorating:) I guess I should be calling them "graham cracker houses" since that it really what they are.








We were able to celebrate Brigitte's birthday at our house. It was a lot of fun. We LOVE living so close to them. Jared make yummy chicken enchiladas and I made the ugliest German chocolate cake you have ever seen (that is a hard cake to make:) But it still tasted really good. Jonathan was a life savor on the cake. After 30 to 40 minutes of stirring my frosting over low heat like the directions said, my frosting was still not getting thick so I decided to be done and try and frost the cake with what I had. Ha ha, it was a mess and the cake soaked in everything except the coconut and nuts, so of course the pregnant girl starts crying and pulling out the brownie mix. Jonathan looked up another frosting recipe and we quickly made one that worked and our cake had double the frosting--well the cake was soaked through with one:) So below you will see pictures of the ugliest cake, because it was falling apart with all the frosting:) But hey, we had fun!!!


Gavin just LOVES Brigitte:)


Trying to get the candles in before the land slide:)

I said it was ugly:)












1 comment:

  1. Bad pictures of me!! Gross...But it was so so so fun to see you guys before we leave!! And thanks so much for the birthday party and presents!! I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete